Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Abdominal Muscles

I just finished Day 1 of an ab workout my friend recommended to me. It's actually a 30-day ab challenge, and I'm 17 days behind...

I skipped ahead to Day 3 because Days 1 and 2 sounded way too easy. We'll see how I feel tomorrow morning when I wake up, though. I'm in fairly good shape considering I haven't played sports for the last year and a half. And if I do two workouts per day and skip my rest days, then I'll be caught up by the end of the month (with two emergency rest days to spare).

*sigh*

Welcome to my life.

Shout out to: Moby, Ram Jam, and Neon Hitch for getting me through it.

I was feeling really low and moping around, so I logged off Netflix and decided to take some initiative. I made my bed (which instantly makes me feel better - a ray of sunshine when my clouds are gray kind of shenanigans), took down my hair (How can I do full sit-ups when my bun gets in the way?), and dove right in, rocking out to a steady beat. As I finished off my sit-ups, my abdominal muscles started pouting. After the crunches, they whimpered. During my leg raises, tears quietly streamed down their metaphorical faces. And by the time I collapsed after a 15s plank, they were sobbing hysterically.

Cut me some slack, okay? You don't know my life. You don't know how much cereal I want.

Go team, Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment